Sunday, March 10, 2019

Designing Scene for New Broadcast (News Anchors Scene)

In order to design the scene of when the news anchors, which will be me and my partner, speak about the main conflict occurring during our film opening, we went online to find inspiration for our desired set up.


My partner and I were able to find the image above while searching for a good set up that we could realistically manage to achieve. So, we decided that the image above was the perfect inspiration for us, and basically what we are going to do is get a desk/ table to be the bottom portion of the image and find a way to replicate the background using our own logo, of course. In order to replicate the background, I have an idea that I think could work. So, the first part of this idea is designing our logo on a either Piktochart or Canva (This logo will be revealed in a later post). Then, we would set up the desk for our scene in front of a neutral colored wall, and we would essentially be utilizing a projector (which I can get from a family friend) to display our logo on the wall behind us. Thus, this would create a professional atmosphere and help me and my partner capture the look of a real news broadcast to insert in our film opening.

As for the lighting of this portion for the news broadcast, we plan on using the three point lighting technique. Specifically, we plan on using lighting as can be seen in the image below, with key lighting directly in front of the news anchors (me and my partner), fill lighting coming from the sides focusing on us, and back lighting coming from directly behind us.


Finally, my partner and I must consider the physical appearance for the news anchors. One element of this is the outfits, which must be business-like and serious. Thus, my outfit will be a black, fitted blazer with a white undershirt and straight-leg trouser pants. My outfit will also be complemented by certain accessories to contribute to the formal, elegant look. Thus, these accessories consist of the following: glasses, earrings, a necklace, a watch, and silver bracelets.

As for the makeup and hair, my partner and I plan on doing a slicked-back ponytail in each of our hair and neutral makeup (with one of us in a red lipstick) to contribute to the formal look of the news broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment